Sunday, September 23, 2007

One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish

For a while this week my life rhymed.

I had a sty in my eye.

Sure it rhymes, but it wasn’t the sweet life portrayed in Dr. Seuss books. It was a bitch. Who was dead in a ditch.

Sorry I can’t help myself. I love to rhyme.

My boyfriend in college got sties in his eyes sometimes. He would put a hot cloth on his eye while his roommates and I watched the Discovery channel, did drugs or went on a gambling spree in Vegas. His eye would get red and swollen and made him look like he let my dinner get cold.

Sty time was fun for me, but not for him.

Perhaps it was karma that put the big, painful zit-looking sty on the edge of my eyelid this week, but the pain only lasted for a day.

So I must not be that bad of a person…. That or I’ve grown very adept at tempting karma.

Bring it on bitch.

No comments: