Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Walk along the razor's edge...

I was listening to Push It To the Limit at work— the song made popular by Scarface. It plays when Al Pachino is accumulating great wealth from dealing drugs and buying a tiger for his backyard. You know, the sort of things any Bill Gates does when he makes his first million.

The music accompanies a kickass, typical 80’s montage. I strongly believe it inspired the Montage song in Team America.

So I was picturing my own montage. I’m working hard, getting things done, kicking ass and taking names. And then I realized how boring a montage of someone sitting in front of a computer and talking on the phone would be.

Life is cruel.

1 comment:

WJ Melville said...

The montage doesn't really work in a weekly reporter's (or editor's) life, unfortunately. Luckily, the South Park guys created one of Cartman studying to be retarded in the episode "Up the Down Steroid." It's pretty fantastic, if only because one of the things he does to learn about the handicapped is watch Kid Rock videos.