Friday, February 8, 2008

I'm a real adult now

Yes, I've officially grown up. After months of procrastinating, I'm finally going to the eye doctor.

I don't want to brag, but I have vision insurance now and even though I've had it for a few months, I've been putting off making an appointment because I'm lazy. Nevermind that I'm wearing my last pair of contacts. Nevermind that I've been wearing this pair of month contacts for four months.... Being lazy is much more important.

So I made this appointment on Tuesday for 5 p.m. Friday. I thought I was being responsible for scheduling it then so it wouldn't conflict with any work responsibilities, I mean who schedules a meeting for 5 p.m. on Friday?

Someone does.

So I'm missing a meeting to get my eyes checked. Sounds like an adult excuse to me.

When do I get my adult badge? And is there some sort of secret handshake I have to learn?

No comments: