Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I have seen the greatest minds of our generation fall – or mostly just my own brain succumbing to TV cancer.

I had to deal with the Diary of Anne Frank recently and my only thoughts were, “Oh, I learned about that in high school.”

Only when I actually started working on it did I realize it wasn't the story of the deaf, blind and mute girl, it was the tale of a Jewish girl who had to hide from the Nazis in a crowded attic.


Mostly I blame Kevin Smith for this monumental mistake. When I saw Clerks 2 and Randall confused Helen Keller and Anne Frank, I thought it was silly.

Only after I made the same mistake did I realize my brain has something severely wrong with it which most likely is a result of watching too many movies.


I watched and read the Diary of Anne Frank in school. Can one movie really undo 12 years of public school education?

I guess so.

1 comment:

Merlin said...

Don't feel bad. Sadly most of the things I know about history come from films. I'm still not sure how Leonidas and his 300 Spartans defeated all those orcs from Mordor, though....