Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Todd for prez

Call me crazy but I’d like to see what Bill Todd could do as Columbus Mayor. I know it’s not going to happen, but I honestly believe it would be an amusing four years.

If elected Todd says he will take over Columbus City Schools and fight crime. I’d like to see that, especially if he wears a cape while doing so.

When I was in high school I was constantly amused by the antics of Toledo Mayor Carty Finkbinder. While in office this man threw a coffee mug at his secretary, got in a shouting match with another politician and suggested that the city move all the deaf people to the neighborhoods around the airport because they can’t hear the planes landing and taking off.

It may have been an unproductive term, but it was amusing. Toledo constantly made the national news for all the stupid moves Carty made.

And just a FYI, a few years later Toledo again voted Carty into office. The city may suck, but they know the value of having an amusing mayor.

No comments: