Monday, July 23, 2007

Hippies In Sppppaaaccccce

A top story for MSNBC today is a space walk in which astronauts littered. Surprisingly, the liberal media took a light-hearted approach and isn't harping on the whole littering thing. But it got me thinking, is littering bad in space?

There's more space for the litter to go and I liken it to littering in Kansas-- no one really cares, because no one's there.

Following that train of thought gets me to my first get-rich-quick scheme: a toxic landfill on the moon. Why not? Nothing else is there.

Who would care?

Greenpeace, that's who.

I'm just guessing on the group. Maybe the Sierra Club would create a space branch, but I'm pretty sure a landfill on the moon would piss some hippie off. Perhaps I could launch moon rocks at their inflatable space craft when they come protest.

Could anything be more fun than seeing a hippie suffocate in space Total Recall style?

No comments: