Thursday, August 9, 2007

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish

G. Jonah's parents say you'll always miss your first real job out of college. I'll reserve judgement for a few months, but I'm pretty sure they're right.

I must admit I nearly got teary-eyed when I informed the Man about my future plans. I won't miss the uncertain feelings that have been floating around as of late, but I imagine I'll never again feel comfortable enough at a workplace to shoot off my big mouth as much as I do now (honestly, where else can you sing the My Buddy commercial at work?).

When I moved to Columbus two years ago, I was a little nervous. The only people I knew in town where two friends of my parents and my ex's BFF. This damn cubicle has given me experience, one ball (I hope to grow the other eventually), a hot-air balloon ride, great friends, G. Jonah and a palate for Central Ohio.

I'd be lying if I said I won't miss smartass emails, pulling pranks on coworkers, Cat Tales discussions, the shrew's hats, paycheck cries and the nest. But I can't have a burial plot in the back next to Teter so I guess it's time to move on.

It's been fun. Best of luck to all the other slaves.

2 comments:

WJ Melville said...

How interesting that people now pick TW for other factors than just the money....

Class of 2000 officers said...

that burial plot joke made me laugh AND cry.

you suck.
you suck.
you suck.

i'll never forget out frat girl discussion at the christmas party right before you and kelly started molesting ben french.

'tis better to have loved and lost ...