Thursday, August 30, 2007

Grow a pair, Holbrook

I’m disappointed that former OSU president Holbrook apologized and took back her comments about OSU. I guess it was a trite thing to say at a job interview unless she was trying to show that she can handle hooligans on campus.

I don’t think a big deal should be made out of her comments, though, because most of the behavior she talked about happens. Maybe she exaggerated a little bit on the whole “culture of rioting” thing, but riots do happen at OSU and I think that’s unacceptable.

Sure, it was funny the first time it happened after I moved here, but sometimes I’m a little ashamed to admit I live in Columbus because Buckeye fans here are obnoxious, violent and annoying and people know it.

I understand cheering for/supporting a team, but the fans around Columbus take it over the edge. I mean come on people, it’s only football. And to be frank it's getting a little annoying.

No comments: