Thursday, August 2, 2007

They're after me pot'o gold!

Today's Good Day Columbus marked my favorite so far.

While doing a segment on the Irish Festival a Leprechaun appeared in the background and Johnny D decided to chase it. Other critics said "They've lost what little credibility they ever had," but I wondered how that segment was born. I have two possible scenarios in my mind:

1.) Upper level management: What do you think of when you think of the Irish?
Yes man: Beer?
Upper LM: No, no.... Leprechauns! That's it!
Yes Man: Yes, perfect. We'll have Johnny interview Leprechauns!
Upper LM: No, no. That's not Johnny. We'll have him harass and annoy one!
Yes Man: Isn't that the same thing?

-Or-

2.) Upper LM: Johnny, you're reporting on the Dublin Irish festival Thursday.
JD: Ooooo, I hope I see a Leprechaun!
Upper LM: Johnny, there's not such thing as Leprechauns.
JD: Yes there are! And if I can't have one I'm not going! *proceeds to fall on floor and kick and pound in temper tantrum*

Who knows, what really happened, but that segment made my day.

No comments: