Wednesday, May 30, 2007

365 Days for Dreaming... ugghh

I like fortune cookies, but I don't respect them. I think my feelings of malice come from the fact that they are totally misrepresenting themselves.
Today I got a fortune cookie that said "There are 365 days in a year, may all 365 of your dreams come true."
That's not a fortune. This cookie should have been called a wellwish cookie.
I've gotten fortune cookies before that say things like "Your ambition can only be limited by your dreams," or "No man is without enemies."
What kind of fortune is that?
I want something that says, "Your fly will be down when you're at the store this evening," or "You'll stub your toe tomorrow."
I'd even take "You'll be hungry again in three hours," or "You'll contract herpes this weekend."
I want something honest. No more of this vague horseshit. I want fortune cookies to have balls and tell you how it is-- predict the good and the bad.
After all it's a fortune cookie, not a bullshit cookie.

No comments: